Bruce KO4XL, Jeff K4BH, George WA2VNV, Patrick KE4OBV, John N1QFH, Jeff W4AEQ
MINUTES for 3-November 2020
The BRARA monthly association meeting was held via Zoom conference. The meeting was called to order by the President KO4XL at approx. 7:11 PM. Attending: 30 zoom participants. Each attendee shared their current status, projects and helpful information.
Motion to accept September minutes Jay N2ELG, second Jeff K4BH
Motion to accept October minutes Jeff K4BH, second Jay N2ELG
We welcome the following new member to BRARA
- KO4DKN David Pomerantz
- New members receive an email welcoming them to BRARA and confirming receipt of dues.
- New members also receive a packet with information about the club and how to use our web site.
- John is looking to replace the newsletter with the weekly update.
- John is also reaching out to former members who have recently dropped out and several have rejoined.
Review of Upcoming Meetings
- Next BRARA meeting is 7:00pm Tuesday 1-Dec-2020 via ZOOM
- Next BRARA Board meeting is 6.30pm Wed 14-Oct-2020 via ZOOM (2nd Wed of month)
- BRARA Board Meeting is 12:00 PM Sat 28-Nov-2020 via ZOOM (Sat before general meeting)
Bruce reminded the group that new members who joined after July-1 2020 are considered paid for 2020 and 2021, due to COVID-19.
Results of the internal FD competition
- Winner: N3JT Jim 1025 QSO 2100 pts
- Second place: N1QFH John 14 QSO 780 pts (lots of bonus pts)
- Third place: Gary AB4LL 180 QSO 770 pts
Groups.io – people are starting to use it. Thanks to Mike W5MP for setting it up
Silent Keys – The Board has been addressing issues related to club Silent Keys.
- Create an Honor Wall with a plaque listing Silent Keys
- Potentially have pictures of Board members or other key members who impacted BRARA
- Surviving Family Members of a deceased Member will be offered Life Membership
Club Elections – Elections will be held for a 7 member Board of Directors to serve for three years between January 2021 and December 2023. The Board appoints 4 officers who do not have to be members of the Board. All current club members other than Associate will receive a ballot listing all who have expressed an interest in becoming Board members. Pick 7 and return by email by Nov 21. The Board for the next 3 years will be announced at the December meeting.
Training Classes via Zoom
Gold Coast is running a Zoom class for Miramar CER (Technician) Wednesday and Friday for 6 weeks with an in-person test in Miramar.
BRARA is looking into on-line test procedures and sponsoring VECs. We are also looking at Zoom classes for General and Extra in early 2021.
QSL Status Report: Ed N4II
Vice President’s Report
Jeff W4AEQ – No report
Jay N2ELG gave net update for DMR Tech Net
Patrick KE4OBV presented his financial report.
Motion to accept treasurer’s report Louis K4LA, second George WA2VNV
Director at Large: Jerry.Z W4BFL
Director at Large: Jeff.S K4BH
Keep an eye on Eta
Repeater Trustee: Lew K4LEW
Director at Large: George.S WA2VNV
Discussed DMR/Cellphone device reviewed in QST. Starting to see increase in sunspots and improved propagation.
The following items were covered:
- John N1QFH reported about the Zoom Auction. Everyone who participated seemed to have a good time
- 156 bids
- 26 donated items
- 10 new owners
- Duration of auction 2 hours 41 minutes
- Donated amount $757.00
- Packet station will be relocated from Boca hospital to the shack. Scheduled for November 13.
- Remote station is on hold pending IP connectivity.
- No new business
Pablo KK4YG will present on using DMR SMS and APRS after the business meeting has concluded.
With no further association business, meeting was adjourned at 8:44 pm local time. Motion to adjourn Jay N2ELG, second Jeff K4BH
John Cole N1QFH, Secretary