Amateur Radio equipment and equipment directly related to Amateur Radio are the only items permitted as classified items placed by members, to be offered to all parties including both members and non-members. When there is a question as to what is “equipment directly related to Amateur Radio,” BRARA Board of Directors have the final say in making that determination.
In the unfortunate event that a transaction should become problematic, BRARA will NOT become involved in the remedy. Any issues that arise between participants in a transaction will need to be settled by the parties involved. Always use common sense and caution when entering into any transaction.
BRARA is not responsible for collecting payment, or for ensuring that payment methods conform to any agreement, rule, regulation, or law. Compliance is the seller’s and buyer’s responsibility.
Please offer as much disclosure as is reasonably possible about the item and its condition. For example, if the item is homemade, please state it. You should also clearly disclose any cosmetic or functional issues with the item. Being upfront when describing the condition of an item helps ensure a smooth transaction with no “surprises” for either party.
Items must be posted with a FIRM price, a NEGOTIABLE price, or TRADE. We do not allow auctions, charitable raffles, “make me an offer” posts, or any other sales transaction types other than those with a set or negotiable price for a specified item. “Or best offer” will be considered the same as “negotiable” if stated in the item description.
BRARA Classifieds are not to be used for any kind of fund raising or soliciting endeavors.
Classifieds are not to be used as a venue for making announcements. Please contact the webmaster if you wish to post an announcement so that we can determine whether and where it belongs on the website.
BRARA does not enforce copyrights or intellectual property rights, and will not get involved in disputes regarding those issues. We will however take appropriate action when required to do so by law.
There is a “Notify Administrator” button at the bottom of each item. This is to be used to report problems with the item to BRARA Administration. It is NOT to be used to ask questions about items. Please email the Owner to ask such questions.
A BRARA member may not act as a third party representative for a non-member. In placing a classified, you are certifying that you are both a member in good standing of BRARA and the lawful owner of the item being offered. In the case of special circumstances (a silent key, for example) the BRARA Board of Directors reserves the right to make individual exceptions to this rule.
1. All auction proceeds are for the benefit of the Boca Raton Amateur Radio Association, a 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization.
2. All bidders must be current members in good standing of BRARA. All classes of membership are eligible to bid on and acquire items.
3. All items will have starting bids below the BRARA Board of Directors’ good-faith estimate of the item’s fair market value.
4. Bids shall be in whole dollar amounts, and must exceed the current bid by ten percent of the current bid, rounded to the next whole dollar.
5. The winning bid shall be the highest bid placed on the BRARA website by midnight on the 14th day following the start of auction for that item.
6. Winning bidders will be notified by email at their preferred email address in the BRARA membership listing, and will have 7 days to contact a BRARA officer to arrange for payment and pickup of the item. No item shall be released until paid for.
7. If the winning bidder fails to make timely arrangement for payment and pickup, the item may be offered to the second-highest bidder, reposted as a new auction, retained in BRARA inventory, or disposed of by other means, at the discretion of the BRARA Board of Directors.
8. Items which receive no bids may be reposted as a new auction, retained in BRARA inventory, or disposed of by other means, at the discretion of the BRARA Board of Directors.
9. A good faith effort will be made to include any condition issues affecting item value in the item’s description at time of auction posting.
10. All transactions are final. Payment by the bidder constitutes a donation to BRARA and shall not be construed as a retail or private purchase.
11. All bidders agree to accept full responsibility for any item or items acquired, and to indemnify and hold BRARA harmless from any adverse events arising from participation in the auction, including any adverse events arising from the acquisition, ownership or use of any item acquired.
12. The BRARA Board of Directors reserves the right to make case-by-case exception to and/or to amend these rules at any time. No case-by-case exception shall be construed as an amendment to or cancellation of these rules in whole or in part.
For the past months our club has been recipient of many donated radios and related gear and hardware. Each donated item has been examined for functionality and appraised with a value. The appraised value was used to calculate the asking price. In all cased the board has decided to discount the asking price by 33.3% to derive the discounted price.
As a benefit of being a member, you will be able to look over these for sale items and place an online bid.
Please see the below example where an appraised item of $500.00 is being sold with an asking price of $400.00. The discounted price is $266.80 and the current BID is for $276.80. In this example each item appraised over $100.00 will make the next bid increment by $10.00. If that value is lower than $100.00, the next bid increments by $1.00. The next BID amount for this example will be $277.80 which is $10.00 higher than the previous bid.
At this time, the final bids on these for sale items will be announced at our monthly meeting. Please note some of the logistics for the online bidding may need to be adjusted as we gain more experience with this process.
Each month at a board meeting the next group of items to be sold will be announced to members. When a member logs on to our website and navigates to TOOLS > FOR SALE, these items will appear and the bidding shall begin. With all final bids, the winner shall pay by check or cash and all sales are final.
When this capability in enabled hopefully in March, may you find the best deal and enjoy your prize.
HOW THIS WORKS
The first step is to logon. Navigate by hovering on TOOLS and clicking FOR SALE.
When FOR SALE is clicked, the list of items for sale and bid history are presented as two TABS.
The “For Sale by Bid” Tab
Lets review each section
Action Item Details provides some high level information about the item that include where available and applicable the model, serial code and manufacturer.
The Pricing Details is the next section and shows all the value, pricing and bidding details. Depending on the appraised value, the next bid is automatically incremented by $1.00 or $10.00 to arrive at the next bid price. if you HOVER on the Discount you will be shown the percent discount and if you HOVER on Current Bid you will see how many bids have been placed.
The ACTION section is where all the activity occurs. To bid on an item, click Place Bid. If you click on View PICs, the list of pictures will be shown and you may scroll through those as needed. If the item for sale has an associated link for further technical information, click on Tech Details.
When you click on Place Bid the following information appears. You may hover on the amount and use the arrow up or down to make the dollar amount change. Or you may directly enter the amount into the bid. The bid will never go lower than the earlier bid.
If you are OK with this bid, click on SUBMIT and a new confirmation popup window will give you one more chance to confirm or cancel. Or by clicking CANCEL will return to the above PLACE BID options.
When confirmation popup window appears, you may click OK or CANCEL.
If CANCEL is clicked, no bid is placed and no further action is necessary.
When OK is clicked, all the relevant item and member information is recorded in our database.
The “My Bid History by Date” Tab
The second tab My Bid History by Date shows the items that user has placed bids.
This tab shows the exact same information as the For Sale by Bid tab and is a history of the bids in descending order by date. One difference is in place of ACTION now appears an Inventory section.
The status, inventory Asset Tag, number of placed bids and the current bid are shown. Also the Tech Details is also displayed and behaves as the 1st tab for this button.
BRARA has the following membership options
- Full with FCC licence is $35 / year
- Family with each FCC license is additional $5 / year
- Associate no FCC licence or FCC licence not domicile in South FL is $10 / year
- Lifetime is $500 paid one time
Dues may be paid for the following year any time after October 1st
Where to mail payment:
Boca Raton Amateur Radio Association
P.O. Box 480162
Delray Beach, FL 33448-0162
NOTE: Please add your CALLSIGN on your check memo to ensure proper processing
At the December 2, 2017 Board of Directors Meeting, the Board voted to set 2018 dues at $35. You can still beat the increase and save $10 if you renew at the old rate ($25) by December 31, 2017. Starting January 1, 2018 dues will be $35 per year.
Please bring your payment to the club station or mail to:
P.O. Box 480162
Delray Beach, FL 33448
The old dues rate of $25 will be honored for all payments postmarked before January 1, 2018.