Bruce KO4XL, Jeff K4BH, George WA2VNV, Patrick KO4OBV, John N1QFH
MINUTES for 6-October 2020
The BRARA monthly association meeting was held via Zoom conference. The meeting was called to order by the President at approx. 7:11 PM. Attending: 38 zoom participants. Each attendee shared their current status, projects and helpful information.
Motion to approve September minutes was not done
We welcome the following new members to BRARA
- KO4HLK Jeff Toeniskoetter
- NC4A Harry Woodworth
- K1JBX John BoudreauxDue
Using the Newsletter, John reviewed and discussed his report that included:
- Remote station
- Zoom auction
- Tower climbers
- Relocating the packet station
- Reviewed new ways to present silent keys
- Good and welfare
- Website updates
- WordPress training
Reviewed Upcoming Meetings
- Next BRARA meeting is 7:00pm Tuesday 3-Nov-2020 via ZOOM (Sat before general meeting)
- Next BRARA Board meeting is 6.30pm Wed 14-Oct-2020 via ZOOM (2nd Wed of month)
Bruce reported new members joining after July-1 2020 and due to COVID-19 are considered paid for 2020 and 2021.
QSL Status Report: Ed N4II
Vice President’s Report
Jeff W4AEQ – No report
Jay N2ELG gave net update for DMR Tech Net
Patrick presented his financial report.
Director at Large: Jerry.Z W4BFL
Director at Large: Jeff.S K4BH
Bruce share with us that Jeff is celebrating his 50 years as amateur radio licensed. No 2021 Orlando hamfest. Jeff was on CDC website and reminded us we need to get COVID-19 under control.
Repeater Trustee: Lew K4LEW
Director at Large: George.S WA2VNV
Updated on various VHF / UFH sprint contests. Mentioned that the satellite rotors need to rebuilt. Goal is to get that station up and running spring of 2021.
The following items covered:
- Next BRARA meeting is 7pm Tuesday 3-November-2020 via ZOOM
- Tuesday Breakfast Net at 9am on 145.29 (-) PL110.9
- Matthew KO4DJH was able to receive the ISS SlowScan image
- Bruce reminded members on Amazon Smiles account purchases for BRARA
- Bruce reviewed JOTA plans for October
- Rich announced CT DX Zoom meeting and contact WB1J FMI
Due to late hour of day, Bruce will present his material at a future meeting.
With no further association business, meeting was adjourned at 9:05 pm local time. Motion to adjourn Jeff, K4BH, second Jay, N2ELG
John Cole N1QFH, Secretary