Posted in: Admin, Board Minutes, Minutes

Board Meeting 10-May-2023

Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2023   Location: via Zoom   

Directors and Officers present:  Bruce KO4XL, Ralph W1DAR, Jay S N2ELG, Lou K4LA, Mike K8BQ, Bonnie KC2JVS, George WA2VNV

Members present: Walt W4WCD Henry WA2ROA

President Bruce KO4XL, called the meeting to order at 6:09 pm local.

BOD Informal Agenda 05-10-23

Officer/Committee reports

  1. President Bruce
    1. TS-990 sale fell through
    2. Front door lock is fixed – only works with latest code
  2. VP Ralph
    1. Speakers
  3. Secretary Mike
    1. Approve minutes
    2. Membership
  4. Treasurer Bonnie
  5. May lunch dates/locations – Henry
    1. May 20 – Sabai Thai
  6. Jay
  7. George
  8. Lou

Old Business

  1. A/C repair status – tech says working as designed
  2. Satellite station
    1. Present status – waiting for fiberglass mast section
    2. Purchases: – Bruce ordered and received
  3. Conversion of generators to LP gas – Mike
    1. Quote received and is in budget
    2. Start with back-up generator
      1. Main generator after FD
  4. Tower recabling- No progress
  5. July general meeting will be 7/11
    1. May mid-month BOD 5/10
    2. Saturday BOD should be 4th Saturday unless need to change
      1. July BOD is 7/29
  6. Authorize purchase of 3 headsets for stations 1,3,4 – Jay and Lou to evaluated existing donated, not suitable then obtain quotes and revisit
    1. One good headset donated – now we need 2 – Lou will handle
  7. Purchase of 10m bandpass filter (FQP, FD, etc.) – Still pending
  8. N4BRF participation in Florida QSO party
    1. About 200 QSOs, 5 operators
    2. Need to submit this week

New business

  1. Filling of N1QFH roles
    1. Events
      1. Need new chair for FQP and AFD – Bruce is backup
      2. Future?
  2. Constant Contact – Mike?
  3. Webmaster
    1. Ron Ratoff has offered, but do we prefer a club member
  4. Holiday party?
  5. Bus to Orlando?
  6. Recruiting?

President, Bruce – Buyer for the TS-990 fell through. We’ll need to try listing on some outside sites. The electronic lock has been replaced, but only the electronics. Only works with the latest code. Bruce asked for Jay to get pictures of the TS-990.

Vice President, Ralph – Has speakers lined up through October. Probably won’t need one for December because of holiday party.  Henry has menu and pricing from Maggiano’s to forward to the Board.

Secretary, Mike – Minutes for the April 19, 2023, meeting have been uploaded to the Blog. Motion to accept Jay S, second by Lou. Motion carried. We currently have 175 members.  Next Board meeting May 27. Jay requested to hold it at the Shack at noon with a Zoom component. Motion to change the Saturday meeting to 12 at the Shack plus Zoom. Motion by Jay S seconded by George. Motion carried. In June, we’ll just have a meeting on June 21, none on June 14. July General Meeting is July 11 because of 4th of July. It was decided to move the mid-month Board meeting to July 19th and end of month on usual date of July 29.

Treasurer, Bonnie – Bonnie presented the cash flow report.

Cash Flow May 10, 2023

December 31,2022 Available Balance $9096.26
April 30, 2023 Available Balance $9,056.18
May 10, 2023 Available Balance $ 8,592.27

Income: $ 44.65
Income includes $33.81 in memberships, $10.84 from Amazon Smile
Not included: monies collected for group antenna purchase, $55.00 from auction not cleared

Expenses: $508.56
Expenses include: $508.66 for Spring Radiator Grille
Not included: $21.90 for additional Radiator Grille expense

Bonnie was looking at ways to fund A/C repair. Bruce said to defer until later in the meeting under A/C portion. Will need to mail Fong antennas for snowbirds if they want them.

Membership Henry – Not a lot of response yet for Sabai Thai on May 20. June date will be June 17. Possibly a Mexican restaurant. July date July 22nd

Jay S – All auction stuff has been picked up and paid for. Some items that were ignored twice are on the table for free. Extra tools to Fred for disposal in a garage sale. New donation of tubes and some test equipment. Found some memory for a computer if Bruce has a power supply can get it working.

George – A/C compressor locked up. Could happen if you turn it off (thermostat turned up) then turn it on again (thermostat turned down). Could add a time delay to the thermostat. Tech says hit thermal cutout.

Lou – Latch at the gate didn’t fit properly over the fencepost. Jay has fixed it. We need to start looking at member poll results. Bruce pointed out the current length of agenda, but said he will try to work it in. Lou to send Bonnie info to order two new headphones.

A/C Issues – Tech says it works ok and in spec. Day it shut down was hottest of the year so far and the door was left open a lot. Ralph asked if we have a quote for a direct replacement. Bruce suggested taking auction proceeds and add them to the reserve. Ask people to pay $5 or so for the Radiator Grille. Also charge for FD meals. Walt suggested calling the company we bought the trailer from for a quote. He may have contact information. Forward it to the Board. Motion to raise the reserve from $3K to $5K. Lou made the motion, seconded by Jay S the motion carried.

Satellite Station – Jan is building a rotor control.

Generator – Mike will bring in back-up generator for conversion. Get oil changed if needed

Bandpass Filter – Bruce will get one ordered for 10m

FL QSO Party – Club made about 200 QSO’s with 5 operators over the two days. Bruce will submit the club entry if John C hasn’t

Filling N1QFH Roles – Bruce will ask if his brother can provide us some help. Need someone who knows WordPress and other tools. Is there anyone in the club who has John C’s level of skill for the web site.

Replacement of Open Board Positions – George asked when we were going to fill the open Board positions. Bruce said he would look to see what the By-Laws say. (revision added per George’s request at 5/27 BOD meeting)

Remaining agenda items tabled for a future meeting.

Motion to adjourn by Jay S seconded by Lou. Meeting adjourned at 7:08 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Mike Greenfeld K8BQ/ Secretary