BRARA minutes for 3-Aug-2021
The BRARA monthly association meeting was held via Zoom conference. The meeting was called to order by the President KO4XL at 7:18 pm local. Attending: 25 Zoom participants. Each attendee checked in with name call and location. Officers and directors provided an update of their club related activities.
Directors and Officers Present
Bruce KO4XL, Jeff K4BH, Jay N2ELG, John N1QFH, Lou K4LA, Bonnie KC2JVS, Mike K8BQ, Ralph W1DAR
Secretary; Mike K8BQ
Mike reported that the minutes for the July meeting are on the web site. Lou K4LA made a motion to accept the minutes as posted, seconded by Jeff K4BH. The motion carried. Mike then presented a membership update. 142 Full members, 23 Family, 6 Life , 2 Associate 173 total. Two silent keys this year.
Treasurer; Bonnie KC2JVS
Bonnie presented the Treasurer’s report for the month of July 2021.
Vice President; Ralph
DX Engineering will be presenting in January 2022. Ralph is looking for suggestions for additional presenters. Henry has a friend in NJ, KA2A, Tim Ver Voorn is does an excellent DMR presentation,
Director at Large; Jay N2ELG
Attended a hybrid meeting with both in-person and Zoom. Need to figure out how to move the camera and provide good audio.
Director at Large; John N1QFH
We had a delivery of crushed rock at the Shack. We have mic covers and hand sanitizers at the Shack. A simplex exercise will be held at the Shack to test capabilities. John added some YouTube videos to the website. The NBEMS net has been moved to Monday night at 7:30 pm.
Director at Large; Lou K4LA
Director at Large: Jeff S. K4BH
Jeff was contacted by the faculty sponsor for the STEM club a Coral Springs Charter School about assisting with a ham radio component
Bruce provided some updates on the Shack
- We’re looking to open the Shack back up next Saturday for general use. Hope to get back to the Wednesday and Saturday schedule
- County rules are currently voluntary but it makes sense to follow their recommendations
- Masks are required in all government buildings
- We’re looking at setting up a canopy over the picnic tables so people could talk maskless if they’d like to
- As mentioned before, we’re adding some gravel to cut down on the mud
- We have some old broadcast and portable shortwave radios in the shack available to members – donations are voluntary but appreciated
Motion to adjourn by Dennis KA2TGQ, second by Art WA8VSJ. Business meeting adjourned at 8:13 pm.
Seth Taylor KC2WE provided a presentation on Electrical Safety after the business meeting concluded.
Mike Greenfeld K8BQ, Secretary