Posted in: Admin, Board Minutes, Minutes

Board Meeting 13-Jan-2021

Date: Wednesday-13-January 2021   Location: via Zoom   

Directors and Officers Present:  Bruce KO4XL,  Jay.S N2ELG, Bonnie KC2JVS, Michael.G K8BQ, Jeff.S K4BH, Lou K4LA,  Ralph W1DAR,  John N1QFH

Bruce called the meeting to order at 6:01pm local.

The following items were discussed and actions assigned:


This was a virtual meeting using Zoom.

Previous BOD Minutes

Motion to accept minutes from January 2 BOD meeting was made by Jeff S. and seconded by Jay S.

Financial Business

     ACTION: Bonnie needs to be set up with PNC Bank at Clint Moore

     ACTION: Bonnie needs to send Bruce his PNC card

     ACTION: Bruce needs to update Sunbiz with new officers

    ACTION: Audit committee to review last year.  Start with a scan of the December statement and Treasurer’s report


Bruce and John updated BOD on status.

ACTION: John.C and Bruce will finalize and purchase plaques.

ACTION: Bruce will continue with certificate, ARRL brick, ARRL on hold

ACTION: John.C will collect silent key details and pictures


Bruce updated board on status and activity.

ACTION: Bruce will continue to manage


The Shack remains closed. Board regularly reviews the COVID status. John suggested that the proposed access policy be revised to include proof of vaccination. This was held for future discussion

ACTION: John.C will examine filter about December 2020

ACTION: Bruce will pursue HEPA filter when shack opens

ACTION: John.C will rotate antennas, oil cable, spray the weeds. He has been following up with this


John updated all on Winter Field Day plans.

ACTION: Bruce will manage intra-club challenge.

ACTION: John will continue 2021 WFD communication plans with a special email in January

         ACTION:  Board will need to find someone besides John to take the lead on both FD and WFD going forward. It was suggested that Grant W4KEK or Myles N4EHG be approached about this


Board reviewed status of payment and renewal activity.

ACTION: Bruce to create secondary logon for PayPal

DMR MICROWAVE PROJECT – No current activity

Board reviewed status and current plans.

ACTION: Art, Lew, and Jerry will relocate dish

ACTION: Jerry will address FAU and repeater IP to shack

ACTION: Bruce will check with Jerry on alternate plans

 REMOTE STATION – No current activity

Reviewed status – no change, is dependent on solid IP service to the shack.

 REPEATER STATUS – No current activity

BOD discussed possibility of packet/winlink node, plans, objectives.

ACTION: Bruce and Lew will  update DMR repeater details

ACTION: Art and Lew will continue site repairs as needed

ACTION: Bruce, Robert.E W1ENG, John to configure packet/winlink


Board discussed fan dipole relocation and options.

ACTION: Relocate fan dipole antenna that may block the satellite system


ACTION: Bruce will send letter when full services restored

AED UPDATE – No current activity

Discussed next steps and status.

ACTION: Bruce will continue linkage with Life Safety Solutions for AED.

 BADGES – No current activity

ACTION: Bruce will pursue alternate badge suppliers

(check with


           ACTION: Bruce to propose dates for classes

ACTION: Jay, Jeff.R, Roger, and Al to define DMR curriculum – On hold

ACTION: Bruce will define logistics for future classes – apparently will be Zoom for now


Discussed transition plans for new board, handling keys, and banking. New board needs to discuss role backups.

ACTION: Mike will take over from John sending targeted 2021 renewal reminders

ACTION: Jeff.S and Bruce will update flyer.

ACTION: Bonnie and Mike have the mailbox key. John will send Ralph his key. Mike and Bonnie will need Shack and Gate keys

ACTION: Need to check legacy key inventory. – Information on who should have keys is on the legacy site per John C.

           ACTION: Officer’s and Director’s insurance. Need to find current insurance to see what coverage we may currently have.  Bonnie to reach out to Patrick if we don’t have a current declarations page and forward it to Lou.

ACTION: Board will continue member good and welfare checks

         ACTION: Mike to draft a letter with the slate of officers for PNC Bank.



Discussed when to do next Zoom auction and request for items for auction.

ACTION: Jay will continue reviving laptops and desktops

ACTION: Bruce to get 1/2 terabyte drive to Jay to install in desktop

          REPORT: John reported Icom equipment donated from early 80’s appears to work. Amp is only through 15 m


Reviewed relocating various antennas for satellite project.

ACTION: Jerry to re-key storage room locks and distribute – On hold

ACTION: Board to coordinate re-keying and station training – On hold

ACTION: John.C to install dipole lightning protector. – He has the device but needs to install a copper bar tied to the existing one.

ACTION: Board will change shack door combination – On hold

         REPORT: Jay S took leftover junk after auction with John C who will dispose of it

         ACTION: John C said that he would look through the shed to see what is there that may be useful


  • Conduit outside building. Gap exposing wires, rusty outlets. Replace with outdoor conduit after some get their Covid shots
  • Satellite System
  • Repair Ameritron HF Amplifier
  • Acquire AED for The Shack
  • IP FAU-to-Shack
  • Relocate FAU dish at repeater site
  • Cross connect matrix switch


We have a few others lined up for 2021. Ralph needs to confirm.

February: John KE4IDW  OCT Field Operation (need to confirm)

          March: Rich WB1J Remote Operation with FLEX


ACTION: John.C is setting up 6 sessions of WordPress training in February and March via Zoom. Bruce, Mike, and Bonnie to attend

ACTION: Bruce will continue addressing refrigerator repair when able

Next BOD Zoom meetings:

    • BOD meeting dates:
      • 30-January-2021 10 am pre general meeting planning
      • 10-February-2021 6 pm board business meeting

New Business:

Jay S asked if the club would support several members constructing copper pipe J-Poles at the shack. This would be an outside project.  After discussion permission was given subject to the need to follow Covid rules with Jay serving as the responsible Board member and no more than 3 others.

John C said that he was planning to hold a VHF test on January 23 using the repeater and simplex frequencies. After some discussion it was decided to avoid using 146.52.

Adjourn: Motion by Jay S and seconded by Jeff  adjourned at 8:00 pm and Zoom ended

Respectfully submitted

Mike Greenfeld K8BQ/ Secretary