Date: Wednesday-13-January 2021 Location: via Zoom
Directors and Officers Present: Bruce KO4XL, Jay.S N2ELG, Bonnie KC2JVS, Michael.G K8BQ, Jeff.S K4BH, Lou K4LA, Ralph W1DAR, John N1QFH
Bruce called the meeting to order at 6:01pm local.
The following items were discussed and actions assigned:
This was a virtual meeting using Zoom.
Previous BOD Minutes
Motion to accept minutes from January 2 BOD meeting was made by Jeff S. and seconded by Jay S.
ACTION: Bonnie needs to be set up with PNC Bank at Clint Moore
ACTION: Bonnie needs to send Bruce his PNC card
ACTION: Bruce needs to update Sunbiz with new officers
ACTION: Audit committee to review last year. Start with a scan of the December statement and Treasurer’s report
MEMBER SILENT KEY MEMORIAL
Bruce and John updated BOD on status.
ACTION: John.C and Bruce will finalize and purchase plaques.
ACTION: Bruce will continue with certificate, ARRL brick, ARRL on hold
ACTION: John.C will collect silent key details and pictures
GROUPS.IO PRESENTATION AND LOGISTICS
Bruce updated board on status and activity.
ACTION: Bruce will continue to manage groups.io
FACILITY OPENING PLANS AND LOGISTICS
The Shack remains closed. Board regularly reviews the COVID status. John suggested that the proposed access policy be revised to include proof of vaccination. This was held for future discussion
ACTION: John.C will examine filter about December 2020
ACTION: Bruce will pursue HEPA filter when shack opens
ACTION: John.C will rotate antennas, oil cable, spray the weeds. He has been following up with this
2021 WINTER FIELD DAY
John updated all on Winter Field Day plans.
ACTION: Bruce will manage intra-club challenge.
ACTION: John will continue 2021 WFD communication plans with a special email in January
ACTION: Board will need to find someone besides John to take the lead on both FD and WFD going forward. It was suggested that Grant W4KEK or Myles N4EHG be approached about this
Board reviewed status of payment and renewal activity.
ACTION: Bruce to create secondary logon for PayPal
DMR MICROWAVE PROJECT – No current activity
Board reviewed status and current plans.
ACTION: Art, Lew, and Jerry will relocate dish
ACTION: Jerry will address FAU and repeater IP to shack
ACTION: Bruce will check with Jerry on alternate plans
REMOTE STATION – No current activity
Reviewed status – no change, is dependent on solid IP service to the shack.
REPEATER STATUS – No current activity
BOD discussed possibility of packet/winlink node, plans, objectives.
ACTION: Bruce and Lew will update DMR repeater details
ACTION: Art and Lew will continue site repairs as needed
ACTION: Bruce, Robert.E W1ENG, John to configure packet/winlink
Board discussed fan dipole relocation and options.
ACTION: Relocate fan dipole antenna that may block the satellite system
ACTION: Bruce will send letter when full services restored
AED UPDATE – No current activity
Discussed next steps and status.
ACTION: Bruce will continue linkage with Life Safety Solutions for AED.
BADGES – No current activity
ACTION: Bruce will pursue alternate badge suppliers
(check with https://thesignman.com)
TRAINING AND TESTING
ACTION: Bruce to propose dates for classes
ACTION: Jay, Jeff.R, Roger, and Al to define DMR curriculum – On hold
ACTION: Bruce will define logistics for future classes – apparently will be Zoom for now
Discussed transition plans for new board, handling keys, and banking. New board needs to discuss role backups.
ACTION: Mike will take over from John sending targeted 2021 renewal reminders
ACTION: Jeff.S and Bruce will update flyer.
ACTION: Bonnie and Mike have the mailbox key. John will send Ralph his key. Mike and Bonnie will need Shack and Gate keys
ACTION: Need to check legacy key inventory. – Information on who should have keys is on the legacy site per John C.
ACTION: Officer’s and Director’s insurance. Need to find current insurance to see what coverage we may currently have. Bonnie to reach out to Patrick if we don’t have a current declarations page and forward it to Lou.
ACTION: Board will continue member good and welfare checks
ACTION: Mike to draft a letter with the slate of officers for PNC Bank.
Discussed when to do next Zoom auction and request for items for auction.
ACTION: Jay will continue reviving laptops and desktops
ACTION: Bruce to get 1/2 terabyte drive to Jay to install in desktop
REPORT: John reported Icom equipment donated from early 80’s appears to work. Amp is only through 15 m
Reviewed relocating various antennas for satellite project.
ACTION: Jerry to re-key storage room locks and distribute – On hold
ACTION: Board to coordinate re-keying and station training – On hold
ACTION: John.C to install dipole lightning protector. – He has the device but needs to install a copper bar tied to the existing one.
ACTION: Board will change shack door combination – On hold
REPORT: Jay S took leftover junk after auction with John C who will dispose of it
ACTION: John C said that he would look through the shed to see what is there that may be useful
- Conduit outside building. Gap exposing wires, rusty outlets. Replace with outdoor conduit after some get their Covid shots
- Satellite System
- Repair Ameritron HF Amplifier
- Acquire AED for The Shack
- IP FAU-to-Shack
- Relocate FAU dish at repeater site
- Cross connect matrix switch
We have a few others lined up for 2021. Ralph needs to confirm.
February: John KE4IDW OCT Field Operation (need to confirm)
March: Rich WB1J Remote Operation with FLEX
ACTION: John.C is setting up 6 sessions of WordPress training in February and March via Zoom. Bruce, Mike, and Bonnie to attend
ACTION: Bruce will continue addressing refrigerator repair when able
Next BOD Zoom meetings:
- BOD meeting dates:
- 30-January-2021 10 am pre general meeting planning
- 10-February-2021 6 pm board business meeting
- BOD meeting dates:
Jay S asked if the club would support several members constructing copper pipe J-Poles at the shack. This would be an outside project. After discussion permission was given subject to the need to follow Covid rules with Jay serving as the responsible Board member and no more than 3 others.
John C said that he was planning to hold a VHF test on January 23 using the repeater and simplex frequencies. After some discussion it was decided to avoid using 146.52.
Adjourn: Motion by Jay S and seconded by Jeff adjourned at 8:00 pm and Zoom ended
Mike Greenfeld K8BQ/ Secretary