Posted in: Admin, Board Minutes, Minutes

Board Meeting 15-November-2023

Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2023   Location: Zoom   

Directors and Officers present:  Bruce KO4XL, Ralph W1DAR, Jay S N2ELG, Mike K8BQ, Bonnie KC2JVS, George WA2VNV, Lou K4LA

Members present: Henry WA2ROA, Barry KO4FBU

President Bruce KO4XL, called the meeting to order at 6:09 pm local.

President’s Report: Bruce KO4XL

Bruce said not much to report. He has booked the library for January.

Vice President: Ralph

Ralph did inventory for the Radiator Grille. Spoke with John H. No speaker for January.

Secretary’s Report: Mike K8BQ

Minutes for October 18 BOD meeting have been posted to the Blog. George moved to accept the October 18 minutes, seconded by Jay. Motion carried.  BRARA currently has 197 members.

Treasurer’s Report: Bonnie KC2JVS

Cash Flow November 15, 2023
December 31,2022 Available Balance $9096.26
October 31,2023 Available Balance $11,578.56
November 15, 2023 Available Balance $12,878.28

Income: $1,294.72
Income includes $482.72 in memberships and $812 for holiday dinner

Expenses: none cleared
Not included: $ 87.92 for LP bottles not cleared, $216 for post office box, $200 for amp repair, $530.21
for tubes
Total not cleared is $1,034.13.

Above amounts include reserve funds of $5,000
Balance available for operating capital (not cleared expenses and $812 collected for holiday dinner) $6,03.15

Director at Large: George WA2VNV

County agreement? What agreements do other clubs have with the county?

Director at Large: Jay S N2ELG

The small cart from Walt fits in the locked closet. Perhaps we should let the County know about the value of ham radio. The ALS600 was sold for $500. The link to the auction list requires a Google sign on. This wasn’t needed before.

Membership Chair: Henry WA2ROA

So far we have 41 people signed up for the Radiator Grille. Jay, Ralph and Bruce will help. John H volunteered to cook. Mike to send request for volunteers to show at 9 am.

Barry KO4FBU

The AL82 linear is repaired and back. It is scheduled to be reinstalled Wednesday. Interested in participating in a meeting about the shed if we hold one with Kirk. Get flag donation for Silent Keys donation hung and send a thank you. Barry volunteered to help Bruce with the Memorial Wall.

Old Business

After some discussion it was decided to sell the antenna matrix that BRARA purchased a number of years ago but never used. It was decided that it was unlikely that we’d ever use it.

VHF/UHF room needs cleaning up.

A donation letter needs to be sent to Walter and Fran Dreyfus for the equipment donated to BRARA.

Survey Questions 3&4. It was decided to pursue the interest shown in group building of a kit. Jay and Bruce will look into possible kit choices.

Motion to adjourn by Jay S, seconded by Lou. Meeting adjourned at 7:35 pm. Next Board meeting 11/25 at noon at the Shack and Zoom.

Respectfully submitted,

Mike Greenfeld K8BQ, Secretary