Posted in: Minutes

Board Meeting 9-Sept-2020

Date: Wednesday 9-September 2020   Location: via Zoom   Start Time: 6.00 pm

Attendance:  Bruce KO4XL, George WA2VNV, Jeff.S K4BH, Michael W2RT, Bonnie KC2JSV, Michael.G K8BQ, Jay N2ELG, Mike Pilgrim K5MP, Art WA8VSJ, John N1QFH

The following items were discussed and actions assigned:


This was a virtual meeting using Zoom.


The board discussed how to honor Jackson and his memorial service. The board discussed how to honor all silent keys and personalize. Jeff.S suggested how to honor with an ARRL Brick and cost. Mike.G mentioned you do not need to be an ARRL member to purchase a brick. George suggested a plague in the Shack to list the SK’s and name a station for a period of time to honor members like Jackson. At next meeting, board will define action how to honor SK’s. We discussed at end of mourning period we could present to family the SK’s plaque we had at the assigned station.

ACTION: On behalf of BRARA, Bruce will  donate to Jackson’s GoFundMe

ACTION: John.C will add Frank London W1IBV to list of SKs

ACTION: Jeff.S will get details on ARRL brick


The board reviewed the status,  format and hashtags. All board members need to join to take advantage of #BOD. We’re missing 2 BOD members to join GIO. We may need to provide some training how to use, mute by hashtag, and use daily summary. Members have to set their display name and CALLSIGN. Board reviewed HOW-TO on our website vs what is on to assist members.

ACTION: Mike and Bruce will continue to manage capabilities

ACTION: Mike and Bruce will send to members to set display name and CALLSIGN


The Shack remains closed. John.C replaced AC filters and will do again about December 2020

ACTION: John.C will replace filter about December 2020 and pursue getting a HEPA  / MERV-13 filter


ACTION: Bruce will process member inter-club results


We reviewed status. Bonnie provided here past experience with CALLSIGN and how she handled dues payments. She said there is a place for notes to add CALLSIGN. She further said we need to have acknowledge / receipt to the member. For new members we discussed how to welcome them such as a certificate.

ACTION: Bruce and John.C will review how to incorporate CALLSIGN into PayPal

ACTION: John.C will look at how to acknowledge new members and payment as new member or renewals

ACTION: Bruce to create secondary logon

ACTION: Bruce to generate PayPal report for Patrick


ACTION: Art, Lew, and Jerry will relocate dish on 2m or 70cm antenna

ACTION: Jerry to determine when the dish relocation can occur and advise Art, George and Lew

ACTION: Jerry to review with FAU who can be a partner /contact


Jerry.Z explained his plan to visit the shack and got that end setup and working. Next he needs to go to repeater site to address the dish signal to the shack.

ACTION: Jerry.Z will begin his plans to address microwave capability to the shack and let us know if he needs assistance.

ACTION: Bruce will poll members at next meeting if they have interest in using a remote station


ACTION: Bruce to connect with Lew to update our DMR repeater details on database

ACTION: John.C will stay connected with Ricky.E remove club assets from hospital

ACTION: Art and Lew to continue site repairs

ACTION: John.C will stay connected with GCARA to advise of TS and TG issues


rick K1DS needs antenna brackets for antenna to cover the box boom plates.

ACTION: Satellite team look into refurbishing rotors

ACTION: Relocate fan-dipole antenna that may block the satellite system


ACTION: Bruce will send letter when full services restored


Bruce updated board on plans and some options.

ACTION: Bruce will continue linkage with Life Safety Solutions for AED.

ACTION: John to connect with Walt on possibility for AED funded by park


ACTION: Bruce will pursue alternate badge suppliers

(check with

ACTION: Patrick will check his record for those who paid for badges and shirts


The board discussed training and logistics to conduct remote classes.

ACTION: Jay, Jeff.R, Roger, Al to define DMR curriculum

ACTION: Bruce will define logistics for online Zoom licensing classes and testing


Board discussed future Zoom dates and how to access the links. We discussed notification of 2021 dues opening on 1-Oct-2020. We need to encourage use of PayPay to pay 2021 dues. Jeff.S suggested we add PayPay link on weekly email to pay dues.

ACTION: Bruce to form nominating committee

ACTION: John.C and Michael K8BQ will continue knowledge exchange

ACTION: Patrick and Bonnie to continue knowledge exchange

ACTION: Board will continue member good and welfare checks

ACTION: John.C will DRAFT to board message for 2021 dues

ACTION: Board will send list of BRARA accomplishments to Bruce

ACTION: John will add PayPay  link to in email for members to pay dues

ACTION: Board will email to Bruce their suggestions for directors


Board discussed Zoom Auction group (Bruce, Mike.G, Jay,john.C) to review  logistics for a planning session on 430 pm Monday 14-Sept for 45 min.  The backup date is 21-Sept.

ACTION: Jay will continue reviving laptops and desktops

ACTION: Bruce to get drive and rail kit for Jay to install in desktop

ACTION: John.C will take pics of items for Zoom auction

ACTION: John.C will return to closet any item identified as KEEP

ACTION: Jay and John.C to access CPU and displays to KEEP


ACTION: Jerry to re-key storage room locks and distribute

ACTION: Jeff.R and Bruce to coordinate training and re-keying shack and gate

ACTION: John.C to install di-pole lightening protectors

ACTION: Jeff.R will change shack door combination


  • Satellite System
  • Repair Ameritron HF Amplifier
  • Acquire AED for The Shack
  • IP FAU-to-Shack
  • Relocate FAU dish at repeater site



ACTION: John.C will outreach to ARRL for speakers


ACTION: Bruce will continue addressing refrigerator repair

Next Board Zoom meetings:

  • Agenda: Saturday 12.00 pm 3-October 2020
  • Mid-month: Wednesday 6.00 pm 14-October 2020

Adjourn: Motion by Jeff.S and 2nd by John.C adjourn at 7.59 pm and zoom ended

Respectfully submitted

John Cole N1QFH / Secretary