1. All auction proceeds are for the benefit of the Boca Raton Amateur Radio Association, a 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization.
2. All bidders must be current members in good standing of BRARA. All classes of membership are eligible to bid on and acquire items.
3. All items will have starting bids below the BRARA Board of Directors’ good-faith estimate of the item’s fair market value.
4. Bids shall be in whole dollar amounts, and must exceed the current bid by ten percent of the current bid, rounded to the next whole dollar.
5. The winning bid shall be the highest bid placed on the BRARA website by midnight on the 14th day following the start of auction for that item.
6. Winning bidders will be notified by email at their preferred email address in the BRARA membership listing, and will have 7 days to contact a BRARA officer to arrange for payment and pickup of the item. No item shall be released until paid for.
7. If the winning bidder fails to make timely arrangement for payment and pickup, the item may be offered to the second-highest bidder, reposted as a new auction, retained in BRARA inventory, or disposed of by other means, at the discretion of the BRARA Board of Directors.
8. Items which receive no bids may be reposted as a new auction, retained in BRARA inventory, or disposed of by other means, at the discretion of the BRARA Board of Directors.
9. A good faith effort will be made to include any condition issues affecting item value in the item’s description at time of auction posting.
10. All transactions are final. Payment by the bidder constitutes a donation to BRARA and shall not be construed as a retail or private purchase.
11. All bidders agree to accept full responsibility for any item or items acquired, and to indemnify and hold BRARA harmless from any adverse events arising from participation in the auction, including any adverse events arising from the acquisition, ownership or use of any item acquired.
12. The BRARA Board of Directors reserves the right to make case-by-case exception to and/or to amend these rules at any time. No case-by-case exception shall be construed as an amendment to or cancellation of these rules in whole or in part.