Posted in: Admin, Board Minutes, Minutes

Board Meeting 30-Jan-2021

Date: Saturday 30-January 2021   Location: via Zoom   

Directors and Officers Present:  Bruce KO4XL,  Jay S. N2ELG, Bonnie KC2JVS, Michael.G K8BQ,  Jeff.S K4BH, Lou K4LA,  Ralph W1DAR,  John N1QFH, George WA2NVW, Jerry W4BFL

Bruce called the meeting to order at 10:02 am local.

The following items were discussed and actions assigned:


This was a virtual meeting using Zoom. Bruce is trying to shorten the meeting.

Mike Siegel (SK)

Motion to confer lifetime BRARA membership to Elaine Siegel N2GET made by Jay S, seconded by Lou. Motion was carried. John will get with Mike G about sending certificate and letter.

Previous BOD Minutes

Motion to accept minutes from January 13 BOD meeting as revised to show both directors and officers present was made by Jeff S. and seconded by George. Motion was carried

Financial Business

     ACTION: Bonnie needs to be set up with PNC Bank at Clint Moore

     ACTION: Bonnie needs to send Bruce his PNC card – Done

     ACTION: Bruce needs to update Sunbiz with new officers

    ACTION: Audit committee to review last year.  Start with a scan of the December statement and Treasurer’s report – Bruce to download PNC statements to forward to Lou and Ralph.


No activity

ACTION: John.C and Bruce will finalize and purchase plaques.

ACTION: Bruce will continue with certificate, ARRL brick, ARRL on hold

ACTION: John.C will collect silent key details and pictures


Bruce updated board on status and activity.

ACTION: Bruce will continue to manage


The Shack remains closed. Board regularly reviews the COVID status.

          ACTION: A committee was created to investigate the requirements for the Shack reopening. Chair is Lou, other members are Jeff S., John, and George.

ACTION: John.C will examine filter.  He has checked the filter

ACTION: Bruce will pursue HEPA filter when shack opens

ACTION: John.C will rotate antennas, oil cable, spray the weeds. He has been following up with this


John updated all on Winter Field Day plans.

ACTION: Bruce will manage intra-club challenge.

ACTION: John will continue 2021 WFD communication plans with a special email in January

         ACTION:  Board will need to find someone besides John to take the lead on both FD and WFD going forward. It was suggested that Grant W4KEK or Myles N4EHG be approached about this


Board reviewed status of payment and renewal activity.

ACTION: Bruce to create secondary logon for PayPal for Bonnie

DMR MICROWAVE PROJECT – No current activity

Board reviewed status and current plans.

ACTION: Art, Lew, and Jerry will relocate dish

ACTION: Jerry will address FAU and repeater IP to shack

ACTION: Bruce will check with Jerry on alternate plans

 REMOTE STATION – No current activity

Reviewed status – no change, is dependent on solid IP service to the shack.

 REPEATER STATUS – No current activity

BOD discussed possibility of packet/winlink node, plans, objectives.

ACTION: Bruce and Lew will  update DMR repeater details

ACTION: Art and Lew will continue site repairs as needed

ACTION: Bruce, Robert.E W1ENG, John to configure packet/winlink


ACTION: Relocate fan dipole antenna that may block the satellite system


ACTION: Bruce will send letter when full services restored

AED UPDATE – No current activity

Discussed next steps and status.

ACTION: Bruce will continue linkage with Life Safety Solutions for AED.

 BADGES – No current activity

ACTION: Bruce will pursue alternate badge suppliers

(check with


           ACTION: Bruce to propose dates for classes

ACTION: Jay, Jeff.R, Roger, and Al to define DMR curriculum – On hold

ACTION: Bruce will define logistics for future classes – apparently will be Zoom for now


Discussed transition plans for new board, handling keys, and banking. New board needs to discuss role backups.

ACTION: Mike will take over from John sending targeted 2021 renewal reminders

ACTION: Jeff.S and Bruce will update flyer.

ACTION: Mike and Bonnie will need Shack and Gate keys

ACTION: Need to check legacy key inventory. – Information on who should have keys is on the legacy site per John C.

         ACTION: Officer’s and Director’s insurance. Need to find current insurance to see what coverage we may currently have.  Bonnie to reach out to Patrick if we don’t have a current declarations page and forward it to Lou. We typically receive the insurance bill in February and pay it in March so we should receive a bill soon.

ACTION: Board will continue member good and welfare checks

         ACTION: Mike to draft a letter with the slate of officers for PNC Bank.


A committee was created for the next auction. Chair Mike G, other members John C, Bruce, and Jay S. First task is to choose a date.

ACTION: Jay will continue reviving laptops and desktops

ACTION: Bruce to get 1/2 terabyte drive to Jay to install in desktop – Done

THE SHACK (new items)

         ACTION: Jerry to re-key storage room locks and distribute – On hold

ACTION: Board to coordinate re-keying and station training – On hold

ACTION: John.C to install dipole lightning protector. – He has the device but needs to install a copper bar tied to the existing one.

ACTION: Board will change shack door combination – On hold

         ACTION: John C said that he would look through the shed a box at a time bringing things into the Shack to see what is worth keeping.

         ACTION:  John C says that we need to declutter the VHF room

         ACTION: Need to vacuum out the place

         ACTION: Start thinking about Radiator Grill to be held in Fall 2021

PROJECTS – Currently on Hold

  • Conduit outside building. Gap exposing wires, rusty outlets. Replace with outdoor conduit after some get their Covid shots
  • Satellite System
  • Repair Ameritron HF Amplifier
  • Acquire AED for The Shack
  • IP FAU-to-Shack
  • Relocate FAU dish at repeater site
  • Cross connect matrix switch


We have a few others lined up for 2021. Ralph needs to confirm.

February: Rich WB1J Remote Operation with FLEX

          March: Joe Carcia NJ1Q from ARRL on W1AW


ACTION: John.C is setting up 6 sessions of WordPress training via Zoom. Bruce, Mike, and Bonnie to attend. Probably will slip to March or April

ACTION: Bruce will continue addressing refrigerator repair when able

Next BOD Zoom meetings:

    • BOD meeting dates:
      • 10-February-2021 6 pm board business meeting
      • 27-February-2021 10 am general meeting planning and board business

New Business:

John C reminded the Board that we need to look to assign members to committees.  We also need to identify standing committees.

John C said that he will get together with Mike to make a list of Board commitments for the next meeting.

Adjourn: Motion by John C. and seconded by Jeff  adjourned at 10:36 am and Zoom ended

Respectfully submitted

Mike Greenfeld K8BQ/ Secretary