Date: Wednesday 18-August 2020 Location: via Zoom Start Time: 6.00pm
Attendance: Bruce KO4XL, George WA2VNV, Jeff.S K4BH, Bonnie KC2JSV, Michael.G K8BQ, Jay N2ELG, Michael .S W2RT, Mike Pilgrim K5MP, John N1QFH
The following items were discussed and actions assigned:
This was a virtual meeting using Zoom.
GROUPS.IO PRESENTATION AND LOGISTICS
Mike Pilgrim presented proof of concept on Groups.io as a communication tool for BRARA members benefit. Mike has done all the setup and foundation work to enable BRARA as a consumer of this tool. Several aspects and considerations on the initial setup and roll-out were discussed in addition backups performing Account Owner and Moderator roles and functions. The Board will be enrolled and test the capabilities over a few weeks. If the test and evaluation passes all expectations, the tool may be rolled out to the BRARA members. There is no cost to BRARA for this configuration and implementation of Groups.io. Each BRARA member will be invited and may to agree to subscribe or not to Groups.io, that will be an individual decision. Members who subscribe may unsubscribe at a future time and also may re-subscribe if they choose. Training will be planned and a date and time defined. The Board discussed the setup and roll out plans and people resources needed to make this happen. The Board discussed how to manage behaviors and what is acceptable and unacceptable. The Groups.io WiKi page will house rules, policy, and behaviors. Tentatively, Mike will present at the General Meeting on Tuesday 1-September.
MOTION: Move by George, 2nd by John.C to roll out Groups.io to the members if it passes Board test period. Approved.
ACTION: John.C will send to Mike initial list of Board members etc
ACTION: Mike K5MP will send the format he needs for Groups.io to John.C
FACILITY OPENING PLANS AND LOGISTICS
Given COVID-19 in Palm Beach county, the Board reviewed status and storm impacts. The state phasing plans will be a factor yet the Board felt the risk to member needs to be conservatively managed and drive by data. The Shack remains closed.
ACTION: John.C will replace AC filter with high quality MERV-13 HEPA filter just before we open shack
2020 FIELD DAY
Bruce provided an update on submitted results. We agreed to allow the winner first pick of items in Zoom Auction.
ACTION: Via Zoom, Bruce and John.C will provide PayPal website capability
ACTION: Bruce to create secondary logon
ACTION: Bruce to generate PayPal report for Patrick
DMR MICROWAVE PROJECT
John.C relayed his conversation with Jerry.Z. Art and Lew recycled the devices related to the DMR repeater and all is now working normally. The board discussed getting the recycling NetReset devices George suggested for both the FAU and repeater site. FYI: per Bruce, BRARA owns a block of IP addresses.
ACTION: Art, Lew, and Jerry will relocate dish on 2m or 70cm antenna
ACTION: Jerry to determine when the dish relocation can occur and advise Art, George and Lew
ACTION: John and Jerry.Z will confirm date and time for Zoom meeting to address FAU-to-Shack microwave IP feed
Board reviewed logistics and all depends on FAU-to-Shack microwave IP feed. Jeff.S gave update on GCARA remote station status. BRARA will stay connect on GCARA progress.
ACTION: John.C will reach out to Jerry.Z after 5pm for updates
ACTION: John.C investigate IC-7600 remote built in capability
We reviewed request to GCARA to remove TG-311027 from GCARA and potential for TG/TS conflicts. Bruce said the bigger issue is GCARA has their TG-310035 on both TS1 and 2 and their TG should be only on TS-2. John updated board on status of access to Boca Hospital and retrieve club assets.
ACTION: Bruce to connect with Lew to update our DMR repeater details on database (FL spectrum coordinator FSMA)
ACTION: John.C to connect with Ricky.E and Kenny.H on Boca hospital to remove club assets
ACTION: Art and Lew to continue site repairs
ACTION: John.C connect with GCARA to advise of TS and TG issues
ACTION: Satellite team look into refurbishing rotors
ACTION: Relocate fan-dipole antenna that may block the satellite system
ACTION: Bruce will send letter when full services restored
ACTION: Jerry will continue linkage with PBC and Life Safety Solutions for AED
Bruce updated us on shirts and badges.
ACTION: Bruce pursue alternate badge suppliers (check with https://thesignman.com)
ACTION: Patrick will check his record for those who paid for badges and shirts
TRAINING AND TESTING
Bruce updated Board on training and testing plans via Zoom. Jeff.S updated the Board on testing availability and logistics.
ACTION: Jay, Jeff.R, Roger, Al to define DMR curriculum
ACTION: Bruce will define logistics for online Zoom licensing classes and testing
John.C updated board on website content moved to WordPress. Bonnie updated us on knowledge exchange. The nominating committee may be the outgoing officers and past officers. Bruce will collecting names. Bruce suggest we adjust the bylaws on outgoing officers role and votes and will review for next meeting.
ACTION: Bruce to out reach to Art and Gerry.G as nominating committee
ACTION: John.C and Michael K8BQ will continue knowledge exchange
ACTION: Patrick and Bonnie to continue knowledge exchange
ACTION: Board will start member good and welfare checks
ACTION: Board will email to Bruce their suggestions for directors
We continued to review Zoom auction.
ACTION: Jay will continue reviving laptops and desktops
ACTION: John.C will send link to photos for board to review and if it should be KEEP
ACTION: John.C will return to closet any item identified as KEEP
ACTION: Jay and John.C to access CPU and displays to KEEP
Discussed refrig status and power bill. Bruce said we can reach out to Magnum once we open the shack.
ACTION: Jerry to rekey storage room locks and distribute
ACTION: Jeff.R and Bruce to coordinate training and rekeying shack and gate
ACTION: John.C to install di-pole lightening protectors
ACTION: Jeff.R will change shack door combination
- Satellite System
- Repair Ameritron HF Amplifier
- Acquire AED for The Shack
- IP FAU-to-Shack
- Relocate FAU dish at repeater site
ACTION: Mike Pilgrim K5MP Groups.io for BRARA
1) GCARA happy hour 2) BRARA weekly email 3) ARRL audio news 3) ARRL as possible presenter. 4) NBEMS net 5) echolink
ACTION: Bruce will continue addressing refrigerator repair
ACTION: John.C to investigate how to use list servers or Groups.io to address member ASAP com
ACTION: Bruce will connect with Jerry.Z on club email server, AED and microwave to the shack
ACTION: John.C will continue piloting Google Groups for only the board
ACTION: John.C will reach out to Jay.M
Next Board meeting: Saturday 12.00pm 29-August 2020, via Zoom virtual meeting
Adjourn: Motion by George and 2nd by John.C, adjourn at 7.58pm and zoom ended
John Cole N1QFH / Secretary