PLEASE NOTE: Newsletter may be undergoing updates during the publishing period.
Proposed May Minutes
CLICK TO VIEW
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE
- Next meeting is 2-JULY-2019 PBC West Boca Library
- Field Day 22 and 23 June 2019 at The Shack
- Auction: Round-1 End Date is 10-June-2019
- Auction: Round-1 CHECKOUT occurs after 10-June-2019
- Classified Section: see new items added to the list
- DMR Hotspot users: Please set your device to server 3102 in Texas
- NETS: Please Complete NBEMS Survey (see below)
- WAWA at US RT441 and Atlantic Ave to open on 13-June-2019
NBEMS Net Survey
Please complete the survey to discover if the current day and time of the week to hold this net works for folks or might there be a better day and time to conduct this net. Some felt having two nets on Monday back to back was a time challenge.
This Month’s Speaker
Review of Field Day 2019 by the FD Team
Ham Shack News
- ICOM IC-7600 is repaired and working normally
- Amp is out of service
At The Shack on the card table as you enter are items that are ALL FREE for the taking, first-come-first-serve. Hope you find something of use. Good luck.
The following are project status
- Satellite TOWER BASE installation POSTPONED until Fall of 2019
- Satellite ANTENNA and radio installation TBA
- DMR repeater arrived, antenna being built, internet addressed, installation TBA
QSL Report (by Ed N4II)
Here’s the N4BRF LoTW awards status for the month:
New DXCC this month:
Guadeloupe (FG), 6m; Panama (HP), 20m, Phone.
New WAS this month:
FL, 40m PSK31. Need NM, SD, and WY on 10m for 5BWAS.
Field Day will be a great opportunity to get these!
New VUCC this month:
New WAZ this month:
179 (+0) QSLs have been received from our 2012 Field Day activity.
192 (+0) QSLs have been received from our 2013 Field Day activity.
267 (+0) QSLs have been received from our 2014 Field Day activity.
297 (+1) QSLs have been received from our 2015 Field Day activity.
171 (+1) QSLs have been received from our 2016 Field Day activity.
276 (+0) QSLs have been received from our 2017 Field Day activity.
463 (+2) QSLs have been received from our 2018 Field Day activity.
Dx Operating News and Information
CLICK TO READ MORE
The very latest information on DX Operating News, including DXPeditions, DXCC, and QSL information
Contests and Special Events
CLICK TO READ MORE
Looking for upcoming contests and special events from around the world?
Field Day 2019 (22 TO 23 June)
- Planning is mostly complete and implementation is now ramping up.
- Presently, 60% of the available time slots assigned
- Station 3 has the most availability at 74% and Station 2 is 33% available.
Here are some tasks that we need someone to step up to and volunteer”
- Food for lunch
- Setup and breakdown helping hands
Below is a list of operators who have indicated they would like to work a station and the mode.
If your name is not listed or it is listed and you need adjustments, CLICK HERE TO EMAIL JOHN.C N1QFH
If you would like to work a time slot, or can help with any of the tasks outlined above, CLICK HERE TO EMAIL JOHN.C N1QFH
Save the date 8-February 2020
New Website Capability
- When any member logs on, they will see the number of times they logged on
- For the Field Day 2019 special event, the FD2019 Logo appears
Member Online Auction is LIVE
- Round-1 End Date is 10-June-2019
- Round-1 CHECKOUT occurs after 10-June-2019
The following items are available on the auction
- Azden 2m TXF
- Dipole 80m with ladder line feed cable
- HEATHKIT SB-104 HF TRANSCEIVER WITH SB-604 PS
- LDG AT-200Pro Memory Auto-tuner
- LDG YT100 Tuner
- Unified Wire DXE-ANTW 1000ft black
- Vibroplex Vibrokeyer Deluxe Single Paddle
Public Classified Section is LIVE
The following items are available in the Classified Section
- NEW ITEM – $15 – 3 Mag-mount 2M 5/8 antennas by Lou W9IL
- NEW ITEM – $70 – 2 ALINCO DJ-S41T 440 HH by Lou W9IL
- NEW ITEM – $50 – MFJ-1118 DC Power Outlet by Lou W9IL
- $70 – ASTRON VS-50M linear power supply by Lou W9IL
- $200 – ASTRON RS-12A linear power supply by Lou W9IL
- $600 – ICOM IC-746, Astron PS, Tuner, Mic by Stan W5JYK
Please note: items are Negotiable
- No new Training videos
Free Laurel VEC Testing
CLICK TO READ MORE
About Our Members
We honor and remembered our members who have passed
- Keith McPhail K3SKM
- Linda Lindeman N4JNL
- Sidney Gogel W2FUR
- Bob Dobski KB8WJF
Good and Welfare
If you know of an amateur or their family dealing with health issues or may have lost someone, please let us know. Robert.K K3SUH is our go to person to send a communication in the form of a card to the person or family.
CLICK HERE to email details.
New Hams Corner
NO NEW ITEMS
New Membership Form
CLICK FOR MEMBERSHIP APP AS PDF
- W4HKQ Steve Murphy
- 141 paid members
- 1 new members
- 0 pending online applications
- 4 silent keys
- 114 regular members
- 4 associate members
- 22 family members
- 1 lifetime
From this past Sunday net a few very informed DMR technical experts suggested anyone using a mobile DMR hotspot such as a Pi-Star to use the Texas server3102. The reason is this server is much more stable and not experimental like some others.
Please read Bernie’s BLOG post on further details that applies to us all.
Local DMR Repeaters
CLICK FOR REPEATER LIST
Scheduled DMR Nets
CLICK FOR DMR NETS
- Sun 8.00 pm TG-3112529 SeFL FL Tech
- Wed 9.00 pm TG-3 NA Tech
- Sat 12.00 noon TG-1 WW
- Sat 8.00 pm TG-310035 GCARC KnowItAll Net
SEFL DMR Tech Net
A few weeks ago the South East Florida (SEFL) DMR Tech Net resumed on TG 3112529 which is the DMR ID for N4BRF our club callsign. You may also access the Gold Coast ARC DMR 70cm Repeater on 443.3500 CC-11 to join the fun. A new code plug has been provide to enable members to access the GCARC TG 3112529. See our HOME page for the codeplugs.
Local Analog Repeater Nets
- Daily 6.00 pm SEFL Traffic 146.61 MHz
- Fri 7:30 pm SATERN Net WARC 147.285 + PL-103.5 CANCELLED
BRARA Open House
We meet every Wednesday and Saturday morning between 09:30 and 13:00 for our Open House, and for any work that needs to be done at the Shack. Anyone interested in exploring Amateur Radio is encouraged to stop in for a visit.
Thanks for all who submitted articles and I hope you continue to do so. We’re also looking for new writers as well. Here are some guidelines for article submissions.
- Text should be in MS Word or equivalent, saved as a .DOC file
- Write your best stuff, but don’t sweat the grammar. That’s why there’s an editor.
- Please submit pictures/illustrations as separate files, don’t embed them in the text.
- Be sure to submit clear, in-focus photos
Monday Night Nets
BRARA runs two significant Monday Night Nets on the 145.290 MHz -6k PL-110.9 repeater:
- BRARA Voice Com Net: 7pm check-in via EchoLink Node is 826953
- So County NBEMS Net: 8pm analog Voice, FLDigi, FLMsg
- 144.390 APRS Repeater
- 145.070 Packet Repeater
- 145.290 –0.600 [PL 110.9] EC-826953
- 442.875 +5.000 [PL 110.9]
- GPS Location: 26.39724 –80.09485
Club Ham Shack
West Delray Regional Park
10875 West Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33446
Board of Directors Scheduled Meetings
We hold scheduled monthly Board meetings at 12:00 Noon at the Shack on the Sunday preceding the next General Meeting.
Donations and Contributions
Contributions to BRARA— a 501(c)(3) organization—are tax deductible as charitable donations. As you complete your membership renewal or begin your year-end tax planning, please consider making a donation to BRARA.
Please donate to BRARA via Amazon Smiles:
Search for: Boca Raton Amateur Radio Association
Planned Giving: Please also consider BRARA when updating or initiating planned giving (including charitable gift annuities, bequests and gifts or retirement plan assets) and other assets.
- $10 donation–BRARA Name Plate with your Call Sign.
- $30 donation-BRARA Polo Shirt with your Call Sign.
- $40 donation-BRARA button down red shirt with Call Sign.
For More Information
Website: www.brara.org Twitter: BRARA@N4BRF Instagram: #BRARA_N4BRF
Facebook: CLICK VIEW FACEBOOK
Please be advised that the above are the official BRARA social media sites. No other social media sites are recognized by BRARA.
Got an idea for an article? Or constructive critique? Want to share club news and events? How about writing a short 30-minute project idea? Your submissions to the Radio Flyer are needed to help keep this one of the best club newsletters in South Florida.
Please send articles to BRARA@BRARA.org
Ham Shack Access Rules
To obtain a key to the BRARA Ham Shack you must be a member in good standing for a minimum of one continuous year, hold a valid FCC Amateur Radio License, and complete a short training session with one of the Club officers.
the Radio Flyer
P.O. Box 480162
Delray Beach, FL 33448-0162
Copyright and Protection
Copyright © 2019 Boca Raton Amateur Radio Association (BRARA).
Reproduction of material from any BRARA web page without written permission is prohibited.
Regards and 73