BrandMeister has made available the option to use Hotspot Security, this is a method to use a custom password for your connection to BrandMeister, to ensure that nobody else can connect a hotspot to BrandMeister using your hotspot (or repeater) ID.
Step 1 – Configure your BrandMeister Hotspot Password:
- Connect to the Brandmeister dashboard
- Click your callsign at the top right
- Click “SelfCare”
- Turn on “Hotspot Security” and define and enter a password
- Write it down
- Click “save”
Step 2 – Configure Pi-Star with your Hotspot Security Password:
Head to the configuration page on Pi-Star, assuming your hotspot is accessible by wifi or ethernet.
In the DMR section, you will now find the HotSpot Security field, if you are using DMRGateway this will be shown as “BM Hotspot Security”:
- Set your password (the same one you used in the BrandMeister
Selfcare page) and press apply.
- You are all set, using Hotspot Security.
If you choose to not do this you will use the password assigned from the DMR hosts file and it is not a secured hotspot or repeater..