PLEASE NOTE: Newsletter may be undergoing updates during the publishing period.
CLICK TO VIEW
- Next meeting is 5-FEB-2019 PBC West Boca Library
CLICK TO VIEW CALENDAR
This Month’s Speaker
John N1QFH on 2019 Wintah Field Day
Monthly Meeting Agenda
Ham Shack News
QSL Report (by Ed N4II)
Dx Operating News and Information
CLICK TO READ MORE
The very latest information on DX Operating News, including DXPeditions, DXCC, and QSL information
Contests and Special Events
CLICK TO READ MORE
Looking for upcoming contests and special events from around the world?
Wintah Field Day 2019
Save the date 26 and 27 January 2019.
You may signup early for a day, time and station to work by sending John.C N1QFH an email to: email@example.com
- Your callsign
- Desired station to work
- Desired day and time slots
Day and Time Slots
- Any 1 hour block(s) from 2pm Saturday to 2pm Sunday
- You may work as many hours as you can handle
Stations you may work
In HF Room
- Station-1 ICOM-7600
- Station-2 Yaesu FT-1000MP
In UHF/VHF Room
- Station-3 Yaesu FT-897
Below are some helpful links
2019 WFD FOOD ITEMS
Are you able to bring a food item for 2019 Wintah Field Day?
Please email John.C N1QFH firstname.lastname@example.org with the food item you can bring and THANK YOU!
Save the date 8 to 10 February 2019.
CLICK FOR DETAILS
New Website Capability
CLICK FOR NEW FEATURES
- Member Details, Gear, Contact info, Bio’s
- Training Video
CLICK TO READ MORE
Free Laurel VEC Testing
CLICK TO READ MORE
About Our Members
- Keith McPhail (CLICK FOR HIS OBIT)
If you know of a BRARA member experiencing any personal challenges in need of support, or is a SILENT KEY, please let the BRARA board know and we’ll reach out and offer our support. Thank you Robert Kares K3SUH for corresponding to our members.
New Hams Corner
NO NEW ITEMS
New Membership Form
CLICK FOR MEMBERSHIP APP AS PDF
Welcome New Members
- K2HZI Roger Gottfried
- KB4JG David Plich
- N0ADF Steve Neumeyer
- W1JAY Jay Mandelker
- WB4ZQG Norman Mandel
- 84 paid members
- 5 new members since last month
- 14 new members since 1-OCT
- 0 new members fiscal year to date
- 1 pending online applications
- 70 renewals for 2019
Local DMR Repeaters
CLICK FOR REPEATER LIST
Scheduled DMR Nets
CLICK FOR DMR NETS
- Sun 8.00 pm TG-3112529 SeFL FL Tech
- Wed 9.00 pm TG-3 NA Tech
- Sat 12.00 noon TG-1 WW
- Sat 8.00 pm TG-310035 GCARC KnowItAll Net
SEFL DMR Tech Net
A few weeks ago the South East Florida (SEFL) DMR Tech Net resumed on TG 3112529 which is the DMR ID for N4BRF our club callsign. You may also access the Gold Coast ARC DMR 70cm Repeater on 443.3500 CC-11 to join the fun. A new code plug has been provide to enable members to access the GCARC TG 3112529. See our HOME page for the codeplugs.
Local Analog Repeater Nets
- Daily 6.00 pm SEFL Traffic 146.61 MHz
- Fri 7:30 pm SATERN Net WARC 147.285 + PL-103.5 CANCELLED
BRARA Open House
We meet every Wednesday and Saturday morning between 09:30 and 13:00 for our Open House, and for any work that needs to be done at the Shack. Anyone interested in exploring Amateur Radio is encouraged to stop in for a visit.
Thanks for all who submitted articles and I hope you continue to do so. We’re also looking for new writers as well. Here are some guidelines for article submissions.
- Text should be in MS Word or equivalent, saved as a .DOC file. ASCII text written in an email works too.
- Write your best stuff, but don’t sweat the grammar. That’s why there’s an editor.
- Please submit pictures/illustrations as separate files, don’t embed them in the text.
- Be sure to submit clear, in-focus photos
Monday Night Nets
BRARA runs two significant Monday Night Nets on the 145.290 MHz (–0.600) [110.9] repeater:
- BRARA Voice Communications Net: 7pm, check-in via EchoLink Node is 826953.
- South County NBEMS Net: 8pm, mixed-mode Analog Voice and using FLDigi/FLMsg.
Social Media Committee
A committee was formed to update, simplify and modernize BRARA social media: W4BFL (Jerry), KO4XL (Bruce), N1QFH (John C).
- 144.390 APRS Repeater
- 145.070 Packet Repeater
- 145.290 –0.600 [PL 110.9] EC-826953
- 442.875 +5.000 [PL 110.9]
- GPS Location: 26.39724 –80.09485
Club Ham Shack
West Delray Regional Park
10875 West Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33446
Board of Directors Scheduled Meetings
The BRARA Board of Directors:
K4BH (Jeff S.), KE4OBV (Patrick),KO4XL (Bruce), N1QFH (John C.), WA2VNV (George), W4AEQ (Jeff R.),W4BFL (Jerry).
We hold scheduled monthly Board meetings at 12:00 Noon at the Shack on the Sunday preceding the next General Meeting.
Donations and Contributions
Contributions to BRARA— a 501(c)(3) organization—are tax deductible as charitable donations. As you complete your membership renewal or begin your year-end tax planning, please consider making a donation to BRARA.
Please donate to BRARA via Amazon Smiles:
Search for: Boca Raton Amateur Radio Association
Planned Giving: Please also consider BRARA when updating or initiating planned giving (including charitable gift annuities, bequests and gifts or retirement plan assets) and other assets.
- $10 donation–BRARA Name Plate with your Call Sign.
- $30 donation-BRARA Polo Shirt with your Call Sign.
- $40 donation-BRARA button down red cotton/poly shirt (short sleeve) with Call Sign.
For more Information
Website: www.brara.org Twitter: BRARA@N4BRF Instagram: #BRARA_N4BRF
Facebook: CLICK VIEW FACEBOOK
Please be advised that the above are the official BRARA social media sites. No other social media sites are recognized by BRARA.
Got an idea for an article? Or constructive critique? Want to share club news and events? How about writing a short 30-minute project idea? Your submissions to the Radio Flyer are needed to help keep this one of the best club newsletters in South Florida.
Please send articles to W4AEQ@BRARA.org
Ham Shack Access Rules
To obtain a key to the BRARA Ham Shack you must be a member in good standing for a minimum of one continuous year, hold a valid FCC Amateur Radio License, and complete a short training session with one of the Club officers.
Radio Flyer Purpose
The purpose of this newsletter is to keep club members and other interested hams updated on club events and ham activities in the Greater Boca Raton Area. We hope you enjoy this month’s issue as much as we did publishing it!
the Radio Flyer
P.O. Box 480162
Delray Beach, FL 33448-0162
Copyright and Protection
Copyright © 2018 Boca Raton Amateur Radio Association (BRARA).
Reproduction of material from any BRARA web page without written permission is strictly prohibited.
A final thought if you read this far.
73 de Jeff W4AEQ Vice President